Friday, September 17, 2010

México, you are beautiful.

This past September 16th, my beautiful country celebrated the 200th Anniversary for its Independence. I was not in Mexico to celebrate. I was and still am in Austin. And I regret some part of it. I sit now seeing how colorful my country is, the many potential there is to grow and how it is full of so different people and so rich of culture.

I'm afraid the 201st Anniversary won't be the same. And although, I did not take these photographs and I was not there to feel it. As I see this photos, I feel the life in my Mexico. My country. The country that not only gave my a nationality but gave me what I am today. Mexico is troubled, yes, there is violence and cartel wars, but there is also a hopeful feeling. That is my Mexico. Viva México! Congratulations! You are lovely!

Photographs are from Boston The Big Picture and you can see more of them by clicking here.








Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment